Huge Moro Gunong Kris Sword, Philippines
Details: Named after a god who defends against evil and misfortune. This type of sword is used in exorcisms. It is very rare due to the size and the massiveness of the kris-type blade. Museum quality condition.
- Item Number: W-6293
- Provenance/Origin: Southern Philippines, possibly Mindanao. 75+ years of age.
- Composition: silver, brass, steel and wood
- Dimensions: 29” long. 17” blade
- Weight: 3.5 lbs
- Price: $475.00 USD
NOTE to the Art Collector, Gallery Owner, Dealer or Academic: click here for items unique to your requirements.
Bowls, Boxes, Bells, Gongs, Medicine Holders. Containers not considered vessels
|F||Furniture / Furnishings|
Furniture, Furnishings, Wall Hangings, Screens, Lamps, Display Pieces, Pedestals, Paintings
Masks and Headgear
|R||Reference / Research|
Maps, Books and Materials
|S||Statues & Figures|
Statues, Sculptures, Figures, Heads & Busts
|V||Vessels & Vases|
Vessels, Urns, Vases, Incense Burners, Censers
Knives, Swords, Letter Openers, Phurbas, Spears, Blowpipes
|O||Other not categorized|
Other and miscellaneous such as Jewelry, Musical Instruments, Games, Garments, Skulls
- Antique Bronze Censer. Incense Burner. Phoenix. China.
- Antique Jadestone and Bronze Tripod Censer. Incense Burner. Dushan. Nanyang, Henan Province, China
- Warrior Short Sword. Brass Scabbard. Dragon. Bhutan / Tibet
- Vintage Carved Stone Christian Crucifix. Wall hung.
- BOOKS: The British Museum: Egyptian Antiquities. Leather Bound. Volumes 1 & 2. Reprinted from 1840 original edition
- Antique Inkwell. 19th Century. Heavy Bronze with Marble Base. Japanese Dragonboat. France.
- Tang Dynasty Painted Clay Burial Tomb Figure. Ceramic. China
- Vintage Asian Elephant Bookends. Bronze Tone. Pair. Heavy Cast Metal.
- Old and Rare Bronze Tripod Censer. Buddhist Incense Burner. Early 1800’s. Temple. Tibet.
- Authentic. Rare. Old Tharu Exorcism / Shaman Mask. Terai Region. Morang District. East Nepal.