Hand Carved Bakota Fertility / Lucky Mask, Gabon Africa
Beautifully hand carved from Gabon’s Bakota tribe. Many of these masks are made to enhance fertility and/or add luck with hunting and other ventures. Circa late-1900’s. Pristine condition. Stand not included.
- Item Number: M-8909
- Provenance/Origin: Bakota tribe, Gabon. Circa late-1900's
- Composition: Wood and straw
- Dimensions: 18.5" tall x 9" at widest
- Weight: 2.5 pounds
- Price: $325.00 USD
NOTE to the Art Collector, Gallery Owner, Dealer or Academic: click here for items unique to your requirements.
Bowls, Boxes, Bells, Gongs, Medicine Holders. Containers not considered vessels
|F||Furniture / Furnishings|
Furniture, Furnishings, Wall Hangings, Screens, Lamps, Display Pieces, Pedestals, Paintings
Masks and Headgear
|R||Reference / Research|
Maps, Books and Materials
|S||Statues & Figures|
Statues, Sculptures, Figures, Heads & Busts
|V||Vessels & Vases|
Vessels, Urns, Vases, Incense Burners, Censers
Knives, Swords, Letter Openers, Phurbas, Spears, Blowpipes
|O||Other not categorized|
Other and miscellaneous such as Jewelry, Musical Instruments, Games, Garments, Skulls
Newly Added Products
- Ancestor Figure. Lower Sepik. Wood statue. Papua New Guinea.
- Tanagra Terracotta Woman Figurine. Himation Robe. Vase. Hellenistic Greek Period. Boeotia Greece
- Pre Columbian Teotihuacan Clay Bust. Figure. Statue. Teotihuacan Culture. Mesoamerica. Mexico
- Pre Columbian Seated Clay Figure. Statue. Classic Veracruz. Idol. Veracruz. Mexico
- Small and Authentic Dayak Orang Ulu Shaman Carrier Container. Kayan. Kalimantan. Borneo.
- Batak Hand Carved Wooden Scale Box. Gold. Halangan North Sumatra
- Ceremonial Phurba. Mahakala. Hand carved in Boxwood. Hand polished. Kathmandu Valley. Nepal
- Marka Mask. Bamana Kingdom / People. Marka Tribe. Mali. Africa
- Cambodian Khmer Art Sandstone Sculpture. 17/18th Century. Gautama Buddha. Naga. Macalinda. Enlightenment. Cambodia
- Chronicles of the Tombs: A Select Collection of Epitaphs, Preceded by an Essay On Epitaphs and Other Monumental Inscriptions, With Incidental Observations On Sepulchral Antiquities. 1864. T. Pettigrew